Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Evening Prayers: Penance

Eternal Father, I offer thee the
Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all Its
Love, all Its sufferings and all Its merits:
TO EXPIATE all the sins I have committed
this day, and during all my life. Glory be
to the Father, and to the Son, and to
the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.

TO PURIFY the good I have done in my
poor way this day, and during all my life.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the
beginning, is now and ever shall be, world
without end, Amen.

TO MAKE UP for the good I ought to have
done and that I have neglected this day,
and during all my life. Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever
shall be, world without end, Amen.

(from) My Sunday Missal, by Rev. Joseph F. Stedman

No comments:

Post a Comment